Fairhaven Golf Club is seeking to recruit a Course Manger for the first time in over 25 years, following the Retirement of the previous Course Manager.
Fairhaven is considered one of the finest Courses in England, and has hosted many Major Championships including: Final Qualifying for the Open, Seniors Final Open Qualifying, the Astor Trophy and is currently due to host the Regional Qualifying for the Open in June 2021.
Fairhaven also hosts its own Competition, "The Fairhaven Trophies”, an International Junior Event for both Boys and Girls, which carries World Ranking points.
Fairhaven is also included in the Top 100 Courses in England.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Experience in a similar role for at least 5 years.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of preparing a Golf Course to Championship standard.
- Have experience in the promotion and development of ecology management in line with STRI recommendations and the GEO certification.
- Experience of developing and managing a Strategic Course Development Plan including the management of capital expenditure programmes.
- Knowledge and experience of tee building, revetted bunker renovation and greens surrounds construction.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Sports Turf Maintenance.
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 spraying certificates.
- CS30 and CS31 chainsaw certificates.
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of modern greenkeeping machinery.
- Knowledge of automated irrigation systems and effective use of these systems.
- Knowledge of all health and safety legislation relating to greenkeeping equipment, and chemical and waste handling.
- Personnel, IT and budget management skills, and the ability to maintain and keep all necessary records up to date, and fully compliant with legislation.
- A proven track record of effective staff/team management and development, including effective work plans.
- Skills and experience relating to change management.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills both internal and external including the appropriate use of social media.
- Willing to continually develop personal skills in line with relevant industry qualifications.
The position is full-time, and offers a very competitive salary and benefits.
Please apply in writing including CV and covering letter to:
The General Manager email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 30th October, 2020.