Noordwijk Golf Club is one of the most unique and challenging golf courses in the Netherlands and Europe with a very rich history. It has a links character due to its layout near the coast – located in the Kennemerland South Natura-2000 dune. The stunning views and architecture make this course a pearl on the North Sea coastline.
Noordwijk Golf Club, established in 1915, has always been a club with ambition. A relaxed atmosphere, a very active club-life, a passion for a high level playing performance, the course quality and supporting services, and facilities characterise the club.
The current issues concerning the course and its surroundings need to be addressed in a thorough and structured way:
- Time is pressing for more efficient and effective management of golf courses. Not only the use of pesticides has to be reduced in the short term, but budgets in the golf market are also under pressure. At the same time, the expectations of concerned members remain high. Noordwijk has already taken progressive steps.
- Less nitrogen, stronger nature and economic development are the targets of PAS (Programma Aanpak Stikstof = programme tackling Nitrogen). For years, there has been an excess of nitrogen (ammonia and nitrogen oxide) in many Natura-2000 areas. This is damaging to nature and also hinders supplying licences for economic activities.
- Three years ago Noordwijk began a study to find answers to the question of how greens could be made sustainable and future proof. A decisive answer is expected early next year.
Noordwijk considers the course’s surrounding area as one of its most important values and the club wants to set an example in the field of sustainability in the Netherlands and Europe. At the same time, given the current challenges, the club also wants to preserve its ambitious character and make the most of the course and club life.
The present head greenkeeper will retire in October 2020. Noordwijk Golf Club is looking for a new ambitious Course Manager who is both an expert and a manager, and who fully supports the club’s mission, points of view and strategic targets drawn up by the executive Committee. A Course Manager who will help us fulfil the maximum potential from our course. In order to facilitate this, course management will be re-organized once the course manager has been appointed.
- Together with the executive Committee, draw up strategic goals and annual targets, periodically discuss and measure them together with maintenance targets
- Realise strategic goals (long-term policy/course future)
- Realise annual targets
- Course management, maintenance and innovation on a tactical and operational level
- Financial management in cooperation with the executive Committee
- Allocate work and supervise greenkeeping staff and their further training
- In-house and external communication in cooperation with the executive Committee
- Discussion partner for the Club Manager and the executive Committee
- Leadership – stimulate staff in their development to achieve maximum results and show exemplary behaviour
- Quality orientated – make high demands on quality and work within the branch of the organisation and stimulate continuous quality improvement
- Result orientated – persistent in achieving results and stimulate and support others in achieving results
- Vision – contribute to the development of a vision for the branch of the organisation
- Qualified Head Greenkeeper
- At least Higher Vocational Education level
- Experience with modern greenkeeping
- Ample experience at a leading a course, preferably a links course
- Experience with chemical free/sustainable management
- Affinity with nature
- Good golfer
- A good command of/or willingness to learn the Dutch language
The aim is to appoint a new Course Manager as of 1 May 2020. Interviews will start at the beginning of January.
Please send your CV and cover letter before 18 December 2019 to: email@example.com to the attention of Ms A.G. Pasma (club president).
Visit our website: https://www.noordwijksegolfclub.nl/english/
You may also be interested in
Seasonal Greenkeepers - International
Links Superintendent - International
The Master Greenkeeper Certificate is awarded to those members of BIGGA who have reached the highest standards of greenkeeping and golf course management.Find out more