Belton Woods Hotel seek to recruit an experienced and highly motivated Golf Course Manager who, together with their team, will be responsible for further developing our prestigious two PGA championship approved courses and our 9-hole academy course to the highest standards.
Reporting to the Director of Golf, the successful candidate will ideally have direct experience in golf course management. They will form part of the club’s senior management team and will be responsible for course preparation and condition; management and development of the greenkeeping staff; management of equipment, irrigation system and greenkeeping compound; and the course budget and expenditure.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum of five years’ managerial experience within a golf course environment
- Agronomic and environmental management of golf courses
- Excellent management and organisational skills
- Ability to motivate, lead and develop staff
- High level of competence in use of Microsoft office applications.
- Minimum of NVQ Level 4 in Sports Turf Management and Maintenance or similar
What’s in it for you?
- Discounts across retail, restaurants, events etc. (because we know life isn’t just about work)
- Family and Friends discounts in hotels across the Almarose estate (that'll make you really popular!)
- Discounted Leisure Club/Gym membership
- Parking on site for free
- Meals for free on shift – hard work is hungry work!
- Progression and career development opportunities across the UK, with training and support with course fees
- Incentive programmes
- Pension Scheme
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme, 24/7, 365 days a year.
Annual Salary: Competitive
Please apply for the role via our careers website:
You may also be interested in
Assistant Greenkeepers - Central England
Assistant Greenkeeper/Mechanic - Central England
The Greenkeepers Benevolent Fund Golf Day is an annual opportunity for BIGGA members and the golf industry to support greenkeepers who fall upon hard times.
Find out more