Yelverton Golf Club is now inviting applications for the position of Course Manager.
This Herbert Fowler designed Moorland/Heathland course is located within the Dartmoor National Park in Devon. A unique, natural and picturesque course with stunning views across Dartmoor and the surrounding countryside. Yelverton has been the venue for National and County Championships and is regarded as one of the finest golf courses in the South West of England.
A highly motivated and experienced Course Manager is required to continue the development of this unique golf course. The successful applicant must have the necessary experience, qualities and qualifications to maintain and develop the standards required and achieved at this private members club. Applicants must have high standards of workmanship, leadership, communication, financial and managerial skills.
Reporting to: General Manager.
- Professional attitude.
- Strong leadership and man-management skills.
- Must be a strong communicator at all levels.
- Totally dedicated to his/her vocation.
- Organised and well-planned.
- A member of BIGGA and CPD active.
- To implement the high quality presentation and playing standards of the golf course in accordance with the agreed Course Policy Document.
- To manage, lead and train the experienced Golf course staff to produce a skilled, cohesive and highly motivated team.
- To manage all resources and budgets including all purchasing and ordering requirements, monthly and yearly budget reports, machinery replacement and the maintenance facilities.
- To implement and plan Course improvements in accordance with the Course Development Plan.
- To communicate with management, staff and members in a professional manner, including regular management / staff meetings and course information for the members.
- Minimum of 5 years experience, in a managerial or supervisory position.
- Minimum of a level 3 sports turf qualification. (Level 4 or degree level would be viewed positively).
- PA 1, 2 and 6 Spraying Certificates.
- Chainsaw Certificate (Preferable)
- Competitive Salary with staff benefits.
- BIGGA membership.
Please apply in writing or email with full CV and covering letter to:
Closing date: Monday 25th June 2018
Visit our website: https://www.yelvertongolf.co.uk/