Ashford Manor Golf Club
Ashford Manor Golf Club is a member’s club established since 1893. With the advantage of age, the course has matured to offer a quality parkland course to members and visitors alike with tree lined fairways and well bunkered approaches to the greens.
The Club now invites applications for the position of Course Manager to manage the day to day running of the Golf Course and surrounds. Presenting and maintaining the Club’s golf course to the highest standards, offering a fair but challenging test of golf for the benefit of the members, guests, and visitors. To ensure a joined up and ‘one team’ approach is fostered and achieved.
- To lead the team in delivering the golf course and surrounds to a consistently high standard.
- Delivering a high standard playing surface across the course.
- Financial management - proposing an annual budget and managing/forecasting expenditure
- Achieving effective working relationships and the forming of close working relationships with the leadership team
- Processes and Policies – to ensure the compliance with the relevant legislation and Club policy documents
- The proven ability to manage a Green Keeping Team effectively, demonstrating a high level of understanding of all relevant policies and procedures to follow.
- The Course Manager will hold a minimum qualification of level 3 NVQ or above in an appropriate technical subject in turf science or equivalent.
- A high level of knowledge and application of health and safety, employment, and other legislation relevant to golf clubs.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, with a proven track record of a customer focussed approach that positively impacts working relationships across wide ranging groups
- Willingness to work flexible hours including some evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
- Strong leadership and people management skills that result in a motivated and high performing team of employees.
- Sound business acumen, financial literacy and good IT skills
- A competitive package commensurate with experience is on offer.
To apply candidates should email a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration and notice period and ability to relocate if necessary.
Contact: Bruce Jamieson at Timberlake Golf – E: email@example.com;
Mob: 07768 874845
Application deadline: Friday 8th March 2019