Murcar Links Golf Club, established in 1909, is situated at Bridge of Don, Aberdeen. This classic stretch of links land was originally designed by Archie Simpson and revised by James Braid.
The vacancy of Course Manager has arisen and is an excellent opportunity to lead a hardworking and committed team. The golf club is looking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic person to manage and maintain/develop its two golf courses and practice facility.
Murcar Links Championship course has hosted a number of prestigious events. The applicant needs a good understanding of Championship golf and what’s required, with knowledge of soil chemistry and a modern approach to the game and its needs.
The applicant should possess:
- NVQ Level 3 in Greenkeeping or higher in Sports Turf Management
- Good knowledge of modern turf machinery, competent with machinery maintenance
- A minimum of 5 years supervisory experience with a proven ability to plan, organise and implement work programs.
- A good understanding of Links golf i.e. grass species and their development etc.
- An underlying knowledge of golf design and construction
- Knowledge and competence of a TW2 irrigation system
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- A keen eye for detail with a desire to exceed members’ expectations
- Full UK Driving Licence
Applicants are invited to send CV, with covering letter to:
Murcar Links Golf Club
Bridge of Don
or email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 25 February 2019
Visit our Website: www.murcarlinks.com