Wentworth Club is one of the world’s finest private members golf and country clubs, famous for its championship golf courses in addition to a luxury tennis & health club. The club is surrounded and entwined within the Wentworth Estate, one of the most prestigious private estates in the London suburbs where may top golfers and celebrities have their homes. Our goal is to position Wentworth as the world’s premier golf and country club, and we need to hire talented people like you to get us there.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic mechanic to support our head mechanic in day to day duties and take on the responsibilities of the head mechanic when he is absent.
The position is based on a 40-hour week, Monday-Friday, however, there may be some additional weekend working. Flexibility will be essential, particularly over the summer months and leading up to and during tournaments and maintenance weeks. You will need to be available between the 7th and 14th September for the PGA tournament, our flagship tournament.
Key areas of activity will include:
- Producing excellent standards and the highest quality of work to support our team on our three 18-hole golf courses
- Cylinder grinding and setting up of our John Deere mowing equipment.
- Mechanical, electrical and hydraulic fault finding on all our range of equipment.
- Responsible for the correct set-up of our comprehensive array of cutting equipment
- Ensuring the teams follow correct pre-start and post check procedures as per standard operating procedures.
- Servicing of machines as per manufacturers such as John Deere guidelines
Knowledge, skills, experience and personal attributes:
- Minimum 2 years’ mechanical experience – ideally in a sports turf environment.
- Fabrication skills
- A flexible, can-do attitude with a positive outlook
- A passion to learn and exceed expectations
- The ability to fit into a large team environment
- Desire to produce world class playing surfaces through-out the year and during the BMW PGA Championship.
- Working well under pressure
- Up to date knowledge with Health and Safety regulations in the workplace
- Full valid driving licence.
Working at Wentworth
You will enjoy a competitive salary, plus bonus and a range of benefits including free meals on duty, uniform, parking, Corporate gym membership, use of the club golf and tennis facilities, generous staff discounts on food and retail and Perkbox, the online platform with lots of deals and freebies. You’ll also work with a great team within a great working environment.
Email email@example.com to apply and tell us why you’re interested and attach your CV.