Tottenham Hotspur is a world-famous football club with a thriving and successful award-winning Grounds team. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centred around building a platform for long-term success, which includes a world-class Stadium and multi-functional events arena, state of the art Training Centre, first class player accommodation Lodge and the London Academy of Excellence.
The Club operates across multiple sites, including an outstanding Training Centre where the position of Assistant Groundsperson is based. The Centre is the main location for the Club’s First Team training and coaching activities, and its impeccable presentation is one of the many features that have led to it being recognised as one of the best training facilities in Europe.
Due to the expansion of the Training Centre’s Grounds team, the department require an Assistant Groundsperson. The successful candidate will work within a team of 17 grounds staff and report to the Training Centre Grounds Manager, assisting in the preparation and smooth operational running of the Club’s Training Centre pitches and lawns to the highest level of professional standards.
WHY MIGHT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR BE FOR YOU?
You will part of a large team (not only grounds staff but landscapers, mechanics, irrigation and health and safety staff) working on the latest pitch technology with brand new, state of the art machinery. Your role at the Training Centre will not only include turf care but you will also gain experience working on our in-house renovations and pitch constructions. The Training Centre is used not only by the Club, but it is also an international facility used by national teams. In the past year the facility has hosted England (numerous times), Denmark, and the Italian National team ahead of the Euro final. On occasions, we offer the opportunity to work at our world-class Stadium.
As a Club employee you’ll receive discounts on our attractions such as the Dare Skywalk and Stadium Tours and in our stores. The Grounds Maintenance department offer an excellent staff training programme, the opportunity to join a number of team building activities throughout the year, and you’ll be provided with lunch on site. Our exceptional, modern Grounds Staff welfare facilities include a breakout area and training rooms.
- To be responsible for the efficient day-to-day maintenance of the pitches and surrounding landscape of Tottenham Hotspur’s Training Centre, showing both proactiveness and teamwork.
- Ensure that the pitches meet the exceptional quality standards required by Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
- Use pedestrian and ride on mowers on football pitches and lawns.
- Assist in the renovation of pitches and grass areas.
- Mark out pitches.
- Clean equipment and wash down areas.
- Monitor pitches on a daily basis, record all appropriate information and act promptly to resolve issues.
- Take reasonable care concerning own health and safety and that of persons who may be affected by the performance of these duties.
- Ensure equipment and materials are available when required.
- Keep all equipment and materials in good condition.
- Keep abreast of all relevant industry developments.
- Undertake any other duties designated by your Line Manager to ensure the smooth running of all operational aspects of the business.
- Able to work across multiple sites if required.
- Follow the Spurs Way (Dare, Respect, Drive)
- Thinks ahead, generates ideas and thinks of creative solutions to problems.
- Values & respects others, builds relationships and collaborates.
- Gets things done, delivers to high standards and takes responsibility.
- Proactive, energetic, and self-sufficient.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
- Experience within a similar role
- Spraying certificates PA1, 2 and 6 desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience of using a wide range of turf care equipment.
- Full driving licence.
- Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, gender, race, ethnic origin, religion/belief, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications is: Sunday 29th May 2022.