Scraptoft Golf Club is a private members’ club on the outskirts of Leicester. Established in 1928 we are an 18-hole mature parkland golf club with around 500 members. The club is in the process of relocating to a new 18-hole championship course along with a 9-hole Par 3, including an academy facility; this will also include a floodlit driving range. Please click on youtube link of the proposed new golf course: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg9oK3imYkw
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Greenkeeper to work within our current greenkeeping team. You will carry out daily routine golf course maintenance tasks as directed by the Head Greenkeeper. We work an annualised 40-hour week (45 summer / 35 winter) and weekend mornings on a rota basis. You will be friendly, willing to learn and happy to work within a small team whilst being trustworthy and able to work alone.
- Cut tees, greens, surrounds, fairways, rough and semi rough.
- Set up the golf course, including changing holes, moving tee markers, indication OOB, drop zones and hazards.
- Switch and brush greens
- Apply top dressing and fertilizer
- Identify and control pests and disease
- Renovate worn and damaged turf
- Prepare and maintain machinery
A fully trained Golf Course Greenkeeper must be competent in the following areas:
- Switching & Brushing
- Mowing all playing surfaces to a high and presentable standard
- Scarifying/verticutting and aerating turf
- Applying nutrition
- Applying top dressing and repairing divots
- Identifying weeds, pests, plants, grasses and diseases on the golf course
- Setting up the golf course in accordance with the rules of golf i.e. changing holes, moving tee markers & marking of hazards, out of bounds and g.u.r
- Maintaining bunkers
- Maintaining golf course furniture and driving a tractor with implements
- Rolling turf and irrigating turf
- Preparing & maintaining machinery for use & storage.
- Preparing ground to establish turf & plants on the golf course
- Establishing plants on the golf course
- Maintaining trees and shrubs on the golf course
What we are looking for:
- NVQ Level 2
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Knowledge of spraying (certification preferred but not essential)
- Can-do attitude
- Knowledge of golf
Salary will reflect candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please apply with a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com
Visit our website: https://www.scraptoftgolfclub.co.uk/
You may also be interested in
Qualified Greenkeeper - Central England