Diss Golf Club is located in North Suffolk. The course was founded in 1903 and is playable all year round due to its sandy soil type.
We would like to appoint an assistant greenkeeper with a willingness to learn and help enhance the beauty of our course. We have experienced greenkeepers within our team waiting to welcome you and pass on our knowledge.
We are an 18 hole private members' course situated on the Suffolk/Norfolk border with the river Waveney running alongside the course. The course itself sits on common land and is of a very unique nature.
Job Description and competencies
- Preference is to hold spraying certificates and ideally chainsaw licence.
- Minimum NVQ level 2 or in the process of gaining a qualification in sports turf maintenance.
- To dutifully undertake turf maintenance and preparations to the highest of your ability using ride-on and pedestrian machinery.
- An ability to identify plants and grasses would be desirable but training will be given on the job.
- To work as part of a team is of the highest importance with a willingness to support your co-workers.
- Passion for the work and a keen eye for detail are key.
- To produce work that adheres to good health and safety practices.
- Good communication skills
- A good understanding of the golfers needs all year round.
The above job description can be extended and the club may require you to carry out tasks outside the normal greenkeeper description.
We offer competitive rates of pay based on experience and qualifications.
Work based pension is provided as are uniforms and holidays are 28 days per year including bank holidays. You may use the facilities as required pending availability.
To apply please email Cambell Murdoch – Course Manager:
email@example.com with your current c.v and covering letter by Thursday 28th March.
Visit our website: http://www.dissgolf.co.uk/