Longcliffe Golf Club is one of the premier golf courses in the East Midlands, with its favoured location on the lower slopes of the historic and scenic Charnwood Forest. The centre of the university market town of Loughborough is just two and a half miles away.
We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our established Greenkeeping team on a full-time basis to carry out routine golf course maintenance tasks as directed in accordance with the Club’s Golf Course Maintenance Policy and Health and Safety Policy.
This will include:
- Mowing tees, greens, surrounds, fairways, rough and semi rough
- Maintain and prepare bunkers
- Learn how to set up the golf course, including changing holes, moving tee markers, indicating OOB, Drop zones, hazards, etc.
- Switch and brush greens
- Apply top dressing and fertilizer
- Identify and control pests and diseases
- Renovate worn and damaged turf
- Prepare and maintain machinery
- 40 hour week, which will include some weekend work
The successful applicant will:
- Show an enthusiasm for working outdoors
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills
- Show an enthusiasm to work with machinery and learn about maintenance
- Be reliable and punctual and be able to make early starts
- Have a driver’s licence and own transport
- Play golf or have an interest in golf
Qualifications required: 1 position available
- Qualified (NVQ 2) assistant greenkeeper, with a minimum of 2-5 years post qualification experience
Salary will be in line with age related recommendations and experience.
Full terms, benefits and conditions will be made available during the selection process.
To apply: Please send a covering letter together with your CV via email to
Head Greenkeeper, Michael Bunney: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our Website: www.longcliffegolf.co.uk