An opportunity has arisen to join the Greenkeeping team at Cosby Golf Club. The Club was founded in 1895 and is a gently undulating parkland golf course.
The current team is small but hugely ambitious and is aligned in their mission to make Cosby Golf Club the best it can be.
Cosby Golf Club are looking for an ambitious and passionate Greenkeeper that will support Cosby GC its mission.
The Club has a hefty vision that includes and brand-new irrigation system, the establishment of fairway irrigation and the significant challenge of matching the R&A’s goal of becoming carbon neutral by 2031.
The Club are passionate about upskilling its team and we are focussing on imparting as much skill and knowledge into the team as possible, so to help professional development.
The Club genuinely cares about its Staff.
Role and Responsibilities
- To assist in maintaining all areas of the golf course and adjacent areas, as directed by the Head Greenkeeper.
- To use/maintain the machinery and equipment as instructed by your line manager in the maintenance of the golf course and surrounding land
- Report immediately to your line manager any deficiencies in machinery or equipment being used
- Be fully edified in health and safety regulations and general risk assessments
- Work hard, support/respect your colleagues and work with a smile on your face
Hours of Work
Normal hours of work are Monday to Friday 06:00-14:30 with some expected overtime at weekends.
Your duties will be fully explained by your line manager but it is important not to undertake any task unless you feel competent to do so.
In your capacity as Assistant Greenkeeper you will be expected to:
- Perform pre machinery checks on all machinery prior to use
- Present the course to as near perfect standard as possible throughout the playing season i.e. late March to mid October
- Have a good level of knowledge/skill to ensure materials such as fertilisers/weed and other infestation killers or preventative treatments are applied at the correct time
- Keeping abreast of modern advances in materials, machinery and in greenkeeping e.g. The R&A’s sustainable golf course management debate and by maintaining membership of BIGGA.
Standard of Performance
You will be expected to display the following competencies in your role:
- Team skills
- Technical knowledge of greenkeeping
- Problem solving
- Customer orientation (for members & visitors)
You will be expected to work with other members of the staff and with golfers so you must observe the guidelines laid down for this. At certain times, you will have priority over the golfers and these times will be explained by your line manager.
The work has a very high physical requirement. Stamina and good health are essential.
Personal Attributes & Qualifications
- Be a passionate & driven individual
- Be ambitious about your development
- NVQ Level 2 or above
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Positive hard working attitude
- Good attention to detail
- Good time management
- Auto enrolment Pension contributions.
- Use of the golf course
- Oodles of training
- 18% discount on drinks in the Clubhouse
How to apply
Please send an up to date CV and a covering letter highlighting your motivation for this role for the attention of Will Bevan: [email protected]
If you would like to discuss this role further, contact Will Bevan on 0116 216 2670