Clitheroe Golf Club is an 18-hole private members club in Clitheroe, Lancashire, which was found in 1891. The Club has a full and active membership of over 700 members.
An exciting opportunity has become available for the position of Assistant Greenkeeper to join our team. The James Braid course has been remodelled over the years to retain the risk and reward element of the design and is currently going through a complete bunker redesign program.
Clitheroe is one of the finest inland courses in the North of England and has hosted many championships including, Regional Qualifying for the Open, The Brabazon Trophy and numerous County Championships and Matches over the years.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience (Preferred)
- High level of competence with modern greenkeeping machinery
- PA1 and PA2 spraying certificates · Chainsaw licence (not essential)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Be able to work to the highest standards and possess a keen attention to detail with an ability to provide the best possible playing surfaces
- Have the ability to provide input into work discussions and course development
- Have a keen interest in ecology and sustainability management
- Excellent communication and timekeeping skills
- The application to build a career in golf course management and the determination to continue and accelerate professional development
The position is full-time, permanent and offers a competitive salary and a range of benefits.
Weekend and bank-holiday duties are covered on a rota and paid at overtime rates.
Salary will range between £25,000-£28,000 subject to experience
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected]