The Royal County Down Golf Club is recognised around the world as one of the finest links courses. Established in 1889 the Championship Course has for the past four years been rated number one in the world by Golf Digest and is continually ranked amongst the top three or four courses by many of the other Top 100 rankings around the globe.
The Club is seeking to employ two full-time Greenkeepers who can demonstrate the following attributes:
- Previous experience as a greenkeeper is preferred with a minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Sports Turf Maintenance
- Ability to undertake daily turf maintenance and carried out to a high standard
- To be able to achieve a high level of attention to detail in all tasks being undertaken
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and the ability to work as part of a team and on their own
- The ability to carry out multiple tasks required as part of a greenkeepers’ skill set
- Flexible approach to working hours regarding weekend rotas and start times depending on the time of the year
- Have PA1,2 Spraying Certificates desirable but not essential
- Follow health and safety working practices at all times
- Full driving licence
- Competent with machinery
Some of the skill sets required to be successful in this dynamic role are:
- Excellent communicator
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Positive “can do” and practical attitude
Pay and conditions:
The Club offers to the right candidate an excellent remuneration package along with 30 days annual leave. We also provide our staff team with great working conditions that includes discounted lunch during working hours and quality staff clothing. The Club prides itself in the continuous development of its staff and is passionate about in ensuring they can develop their skills through funded training.
If you would like to be part of the team at The Royal County Down Golf Club, then email your CV and a short application note stating why you are the right person for us.
Send your CV to: [email protected]
Closing Date for application is 28th February 2022.