An excellent opportunity has arisen at Chelmsford Golf Club, one of the finest private members clubs in Essex, for a keen and aspiring Assistant Greenkeeper to join an already well-established team. The club is looking to increase it’s current staffing levels.
The 18-hole private members course designed by James Braid, has had considerable improvements made over the years for a good test of golf on a parkland course with mature trees, alongside a great view over the city.
Reporting to the Course Manager this is a full-time position, contracted 40 hours per week with weekend overtime available on a rota basis.
- Highly motivated individual, keen passion for greenkeeping with a productive work ethic.
- Ability to work well within a team and individually.
- Attention to detail in all tasks, day to day maintenance carried out to the highest standard.
- Ability to carry out a variety of tasks requiring flexibility in a desired skill set.
- Effective communication with colleagues, management and members.
- Smart Appearance
Previous experience as an Assistant Greenkeeper/groundman is essential.
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent in Sport Turf.
- PA1,2 and 6 Spraying certificates.
- Chainsaw certificates in felling and cross cutting modules
- First Aid
Salary will be based on experience and qualifications in line with CGCS recommendations.
- Staff uniform
- Courtesy playing the golf course/ BIGGA Membership
- Further education and training provided
To apply please send your CV and covering letter, outlining desirability and interest in the position to:
Stuart Caws, Course Manager by email: [email protected]
Closing date: 11th February 2022