Williamwood Golf Club is a parkland, private members golf club located in the south side of Glasgow, which is maintained to the highest standard achievable. The club’s main focus, implemented by Course Manager, Gerry Bruen and the club’s Agronomist, is to produce firm playing surfaces with a view to promote and sustain the finer grasses.
The vacancy of Assistant Greenkeeper has arisen and is an excellent opportunity to join a hardworking and committed team.
Below we have listed the responsibilities and qualifications required.
Applicants will, as a minimum, be expected to demonstrate a proven track record of the following:
- A positive attitude to work, self-motivated with excellent time management.
- A flexible approach to work, work hours and weekend duties.
- Must hold NVQ 2 or equivalent qualification and have 3 years’ experience.
- PA1, PA6 spraying certificates.
- Be able to work to the highest of standards and possess a keen attention to detail with an ability to provide the best possible playing surfaces.
- Carry out work in accordance to health and safety guidelines.
- Want to further their skills, training and development and involvement with BIGGA.
It would be an advantage but not essential to have:
PA2 spraying certificate.
NPTC Chainsaw licence.
Good working knowledge and maintenance of fine turf machinery.
What the club provide:
- BIGGA Membership.
- Staff uniform.
- Educational opportunities (Seminars, Training courses, Qualifications).
- Resources to carry out all tasks to the highest of standards.
- An opportunity to increase your skill set, knowledge and enhance your career.
Apply in writing or e mail giving full CV details to:
Closing date 20th June 2018
Visit our website: http://www.williamwoodgc.co.uk/