An excellent opportunity has arisen at Chipping Sodbury Golf Club, for an Assistant Greenkeeper to join a well-established team.
Reporting to the Head Greenkeeper this is a hands-on full-time position with weekend overtime required on a rota basis.
Previous experience as an Assistant Greenkeeper is essential.
- Must take pride in their work, have a good eye for detail and work well under pressure
- Highly motivated individual, keen passion for greenkeeping with a productive work ethic.
- Ability to work well within a team and individually.
- Daily maintenance carried out to the highest standard.
- Effective communication with colleagues, management and members.
- Good time management, flexible approach to working hours and weekend duties
- An understanding of machinery operation and maintenance
The ideal candidate will have:
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent in Sport Turf (essential)
- PA1,2 and 6 Spraying certificates (preferred but not essential)
- Chainsaw certificates (preferred but not essential)
- First Aid (preferred but not essential)
- An interest in playing golf (preferred but not essential)
Salary will be based on experience and qualifications; allowances are made for the location and proximity to London.
- Courtesy of playing the golf course
- Full uniform & PPE provided
- Further education and training can be provided
- Subsidised meals
- BIGGA membership fees paid
To apply please send your CV and covering letter, outlining your interest in the position to:
Ryan Wood, General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org