A fantastic opportunity has arisen at Gillingham Golf Club, for an aspiring and driven greenkeeper to become part of an already strong and influential team here at Gillingham.
The 18-hole parkland golf course designed by James Braid, (later upgraded by Donald Steel) with its tree lined fairways and small greens is challenging combined with some idyllic views.
Reporting to the Course Manager a Full Time position has become available with contracted 40 hours per week, and weekend overtime on a rota basis.
- Ability to undertake daily turf maintenance and preparation to high standards
- To be able to achieve a high level of attention to detail in all tasks being undertaken
- To be highly motivated and productive with a strong work ethic and able to work as part of a close team
- To communicate effectively with colleagues, supervisors and members
- To be able to carry out a variety of tasks that will require flexibility in skill sets
- Good time management and communication skills
- To always maintain healthy and safe working practices
Candidates must have following qualifications and competencies:
- Previous experience as a greenkeeper and minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Sports Turf Maintenance essential
- Have PA1, 2, and 6 Spraying Certificates
- Chainsaw an advantage
Salary will be based depending on experience and qualifications.
To Apply - Applicants are required to submit a CV together with a covering letter outlining their suitability for the position of Assistant Greenkeeper, to John Hunnisett Course Manager. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 16th August 2021