Set amongst 1100 acres of lush green English countryside, East Sussex National Resort provides the perfect retreat for both business and leisure travellers alike. With 2 championship golf courses to choose from, plus practice facilities which are about to be redeveloped to a 9 hole par 3 course and short game area. We are looking to expand our current team and are looking for an Assistant Greenkeeper.
Role responsibilities include:
- To assist with the daily preparation and maintenance of the golf courses and grounds within the specified standards set by East Sussex National under the guidance of the Course Manager whilst complying with all company policies.
- Assist in the preparation of club and televised events through out the year.
- Liaise with the Course manager, Deputy Course Managers & Head Mechanic on the upkeep and maintenance of all playing surfaces.
- Operate all mechanical equipment in a safe and careful manner adhering at all times to the health and safety measures required for each piece of equipment.
- Ensuring that all machinery is in good working order.
- Maintain knowledge in relation to training and development.
- Continually strive to carry out all duties to ensure the golf course remains in the best condition and presentation for both members and visiting guest.
- Actively participate in monthly departmental meetings and contribute any ideas you may have that will benefit the team and company.
- Any other duties directed by the Course Manager.
The ideal candidate:
- Demonstrable previous experience in a greenkeeping role.
- Qualification of NVQ 2 would be advantageous but good experience will also be considered.
- Excellent team player with the desire to do the best job possible as an individual or part of a team.
- Able to work additional hours to carry out weekend shifts on a rota
- Free meals on duty
- Staff uniform
- Discounts in Hotel Group, restaurant and golf shop
Job Types: Full-time,
Permanent Salary: £20,000.00-£24,000.00 per year dependent on experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter to Scott Lichfield at: firstname.lastname@example.org