Honiton Golf Club is a private members' club situated in the heart of East Devon. Established in 1896 it is a mature parkland course that sits 800ft above sea level and has some stunning views overlooking the town of Honiton and beyond.
We are currently seeking to recruit an assistant greenkeeper. As an assistant greenkeeper at Honiton Golf Club, you will work within our current greenkeeping team making up a team of 5. You will work under the direction of the head greenkeeper to ensure that the course is maintained to the highest standards possible, continuing the improvements we have been making in recent years.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- At least 3 years' greenkeeping experience
- A sound knowledge of modern machinery usage and maintenance
- An understanding of Health & Safety
- A good understanding of the game of golf
Qualifications are not essential, but NVQ L2, spraying and chainsaw certificates are all advantageous.
Other key qualities and attributes:
- A strong attention to detail and a passion to achieve excellent results
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive & hard working
- Willingness to learn & develop
- A flexible approach and willingness to work weekend mornings on a rota.
Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience and qualifications.
To apply please send your CV with covering letter to the head greenkeeper Stuart Broom - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 7th July.