Blundells Hill Golf Club was founded in 1995 and is a mature parkland course situated 1 mile from junction 7 of the M62 making Blundells Hill easily accessible. The parkland course is noted for its natural surroundings, including water hazards running throughout and the superb tree lines defining each hole.
Reporting to the Course Manager, we are seeking to employ an enthusiastic, highly motivated Assistant Greenkeeper to assist in the preparation and maintenance of the golf course, continuously delivering high standards.
The successful candidate will have previous experience and be seeking to progress within the industry. This role is for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join a small dedicated team in the preparation and maintenance of the golf course.
The successful candidate will require:
- A minimum of three years greenkeeping experience
- A minimum of an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent PA1, PA2, & PA6 spraying certificates
- Experience in the use and maintenance of Toro & John Deere machinery
- A flexible approach to working hours and weekend work
- Ability to undertake daily turf maintenance and preparation to high standards
- To be able to achieve a high level of attention to detail in all tasks being undertaken
- To be highly motivated and productive with a strong work ethic and able to work as part of a close team
- To communicate effectively with colleagues, supervisors and members
- To be able to carry out a variety of tasks that will require flexibility in skill sets
- Good time management and communication skills
- To maintain healthy and safe working practices at all times
In return we offer:
- An attractive salary will be offered relative to your level of experience and qualifications
- Contributory government pension scheme 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Further training opportunities
The Assistant Greenkeeper position is full-time, based on a 40-hour week pro-rata with weekends worked on a rota basis.
A salary and benefits package will be offered commensurate with qualifications, experience and suitability.
Please apply in writing or email with a covering letter and CV to:
Peter Cross, Course Manager, Blundells Hill Golf Club, Blundells Lane, Rainhill, Merseyside. L35 6NA.