East Brighton Golf Club is looking to recruit a new member to our existing Greenkeeper staff.
The 127-year-old James Braid designed Downland golf course. Located on the edge of the South Downs with spectacular views, overlooking the English Channel and Brighton. It is the perfect place for passionate greenkeeper who is looking to develop their skills and knowledge and be a part of the long-term plans to push the course to becoming one of the better courses in the south east.
- Ability to undertake daily turf maintenance and carried out to high a standard
- To be able to achieve a high level of attention to detail in all tasks being undertaken
- To be highly motivated with a strong work ethic and able to work as part of a team and on their own
- To communicate effectively with colleagues, supervisors and members of the club
- To be able to carry out multiple tasks that is require in a greenkeeper’s skill set
- Good time management and wiliness to work in all weather conditions
- To maintain healthy and safe working practices at all times
Candidates must have following qualifications and competencies:
- Previous experience as a greenkeeper and minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Sports Turf Maintenance essential
- Have PA1, 2, and 6 Spraying Certificates preferable
- Chainsaw an advantage
- Full driving licence
- Competent with machinery
Applicant will report to the Course Manger and the Deputy in their absence.
This is a full-time position with a contracted 40 hour per week schedule with rotated weekends, competitive salary, and negotiable dependant on experience.
To Apply - Applicants are required to submit a CV together with a covering letter to the Course Manager, Michael Harris outlining their suitability for the position of Assistant Greenkeeper.