Assistant Greenkeeper – South Staffs Golf Club
An exciting opportunity to join the greenkeeping team at South Staffs, one of the West Midlands premier golf clubs. We are keen to grow our team and are looking for the right individual to work in the team and develop their skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
As part of our team you’ll have the opportunity to develop your skills through on-going training, and we will support your personal development through appropriate and recognised training routes. This is a physically demanding role which requires working outdoors in all weather conditions throughout the year. Early starts are a necessity of the position, irrespective of the weather conditions.
The ideal candidate will have the following minimum qualifications and attributes:
- A minimum 2 years relevant green keeping experience.
- Ability to work within a team environment, taking part in all aspects of the assigned team workload, under direction from the Greens Superintendent.
- A clear and sound understanding of the health and safety aspects of the green keeping job.
- Minimum of NVQ level 2 in sports turf management (or equivalent).
- A good understanding of machinery operation.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude to the workload, and be responsive to changing working situations and complete assigned tasks to the required performance standard.
- Chainsaw licence CS30 CS31 (desirable).
- PA1 and PA6 spraying certificates (desirable).
Starting salary in the range £17,000 to £19,000, depending on the individual and their current qualifications.
Closing date for applications : Sunday 19 August 2020. Please apply in the form of covering letter and C.V. to:
You may also be interested in
Mechanic/Greenkeeper - Central England