Set in magnificent surroundings, and voted in the top three courses in Warwickshire, Edgbaston Golf Club is a beautiful parkland golf course. It was designed by renowned architect Harry S. Colt and sits beside Edgbaston Pool, a glorious ornamental 11-acre lake with abundant birdlife. Wide, sweeping, tree-lined fairways, newly renovated bunkers, and tight, pristine greens make the course a joy to play as it winds through the magnificent grounds of Edgbaston Hall.
To continue with the club’s course improvement program and goal of entering the Top 100, we are seeking a well-motivated, experienced assistant greenkeeper to assist our course manager and team in achieving this goal.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following attributes and qualifications:
- Full driving licence
- Ideally you will have at least 2-3 years' previous experience in a similar position. However, we would be willing to consider a newly qualified individual
- Level 2 in sports turf would be advantageous but not essential
- Spraying and chainsaw certificates would be advantageous
- Be capable of operating a full range of equipment
- Flexible for weekend rota responsibilities
- Good knowledge or willingness to learn irrigation systems
- High standard of work is essential with ability to focus on finer details
- Want to further their skills and training
Applicants will be working directly under the course manager, deputy course manager and closely with the existing team to continue to present the course to the highest possible standard. Work on the course will involve a variety of duties so this position requires an individual who is able to use their skills in all areas of course maintenance and construction.