Seminar 17 - What's the Matter with Organic Matter?
- 24th January 2018
- Queen's Suite, HCC
- *Pre-booking Closed*
This seminar will look at the identiﬁcation and methods of measuring organic matter. It will address the problems and beneﬁts associated with organic matter in relation to golf courses and look at current research regarding the control of organic matter.
Identify organic matter within the soil proﬁle
- Understand current methods of quantifying organic matter
- Clariﬁcation on beneﬁts as well as problems with organic matter
- How organic matter affects golf courses and common reaction
members to the problem
- Methods to control organic matter used with golf turf management regimes in UK
- Understanding of current research around organic matter
Presented by Aaisha Chauhan Ali, Research Oficer, STRI