Technical Manager - Turf, Landscape and Ornamentals
- 30th October 2017
- 30th November 2017
- Syngenta UK & Ireland
Syngenta is a leading agrochemical company the market leader in chemical solutions for the Turfgrass Industry. Through world class science and innovative products, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how Turf is maintained are grown. We are committed to supporting the Turfgrass industry with market leading products, digital solutions and global turf initiatives.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Manager to support and develop the Syngenta UK Turf, Landscape and Ornamental portfolios.
This will demand innovation and team work. It will also involve the design, implementation and coordination of product launches, along with market support and sales development projects.
You will provide technical support to the UK business to drive growth and enhance customer engagement. This will involve setting up user trials, developing product positioning, managing customer enquiries, supporting customer events, developing and delivering presentations and regular customer visits.
You will provide direction and support to Syngenta teams and external personnel working on Syngenta’s behalf.
This is an opportunity to build strong, in-market relationships and raise the profile of Syngenta with key industry personnel, particularly with influencers, end users, channel partners and researchers across UK and Ireland and ensure that they experience an excellent level of technical support and advice from Syngenta.
Critical success factors & key challenges
- Design the technical strategy Design and implementation of development plans and
projects to implement the strategy.
- Work with the UK Business Manager to develop the 5 year strategy for Syngenta UK Build
strong relationships with key industry personnel.
- Deliver the technical elements to support current products/offers and future
- Technical training of influencers, distributors and end users.
- Support distributors and advisors for in-market use of Syngenta’s products.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- BASIS or equivalent would be preferable
- High level of knowledge of the agronomy of Turf, Amenity, Vegetation Management
- Thorough understanding of the technical characteristics and use of control products
- Detailed knowledge of Turf & Vegetation Management industries within UK
- Good network of industry contacts
- Fluent in English
- Experienced in relevant industry
- Experience of managing and advising on the relevant markets
- Credible, well known and well regarded within the industry
- Experience of developing and managing trials and trial protocols
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Team player
- Project management
- Commercially and financially aware
- Ability to work at all levels from “shop floor” to M.D.
- Open office environment
- Markets: Turf, Amenity, Vegetation Management and Ornamental Controls.
- Territory: UK & Ireland
Click here to apply and find more information: Syngenta Careers