- 17th October 2017
- 1st December 2017
- Keilir Golf Club, Iceland
Keilir Golf Club is Iceland’s top ranked golf course and considered one of the best courses in the Nordic countries (ranked at 15th Golf Digest Sweden). The course is located in Hafnafjordur, a suburb of Reykjavík. The club maintains 7ha of football turf for the local municipality and does contractor work for other golf courses and football pitches, such as aeration work, topdressing, overseeding and reel grinding.
An opportunity has opened for a mechanic to join the team of 4 full time staff and 14 seasonal workers.
The successful candidate will be under the general supervision of the golf Course Manager, will be responsible for the maintenance and up-keep of the turf machinery. The chosen candidate will also participate in presenting and maintaining the golfing facilities to a high standard within the team of greenkeepers.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Schedule and perform appropriate preventative maintenance work.
- Keep all mowing equipment operational and properly sharpened.
- Perform routine servicing and repairs to a variety of turf machinery including tractors, riding mowers and the club’s vehicles.
- Sharpen mower equipment for external golf clubs as part of our contractor business
- Keep service records on all equipment on a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Maintain workshop area in a neat orderly fashion and in accordance with health and safety legislation.
- With the guidance of the Course Manager, Maintain appropriate inventory of stock.
- Willingness to keep up to date with current industry trends and training opportunities.
- Carry out general greenkeeping duties as outlined by the Course Manager.
- Have experience with the maintenance and operation of golf or amenity horticultural machinery.
- Excellent diagnostic skills and experience of working with hydraulics and electrics are required for this position
- Experience of reel grinding and mower setup
- Welding skills and ability to design and build from steel
- A flexible approach to working hours is essential
- Fluent English speaker
- Experience of record keeping on a CMMS software
A competitive package awaits the successful candidate including a salary of up to £45k, pension according to Icelandic law, up to paid 30 days holiday.
Please apply with covering letter and CV to the email@example.com
Closing Date: 01/12/2017
Location: Keilir Golf Club, Hafnarfjordur, Iceland