- 12th January 2018
- 14th February 2018
- Lymm Golf Club - Cheshire
Lymm Golf Club, in Cheshire, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and qualified Head Greenkeeper to take responsibility for the management and development of our 18-hole golf course and related surrounds.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Manager and will be responsible for the management of their team, their budget and the course and they will be the key member of the Club’s Greens Committee.
- Preparation and maintenance of the 18-hole golf course and surrounds, including practice area(s)
- Develop and improve current working practices and course conditions.
- Plan, organise and motivate the greens’ staff team.
- Management of plant and machinery to ensure all equipment is correctly maintained and serviced.
- Improve presentation and organisation of Greenkeepers compound.
- Management and development of the Club’s course maintenance and development plans.
Skills and experience
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Sports Turf Maintenance.
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 spraying certificates.
- CS30 and 31 Chainsaw licence. (desirable but not essential)
- Practical experience and skills in machinery maintenance and setup.
- Appropriate IT skills including knowledge of TurfKeeper
- Ability to be able to complete tasks to a high standard.
- Competent in mowing techniques with high standards.
- Automated irrigation system knowledge.
- Knowledge of all relevant Health and Safety including knowledge on chemical and waste management.
The successful candidate will be a permanent full time member of the staff with a commensurate salary, to be negotiated.