- 8th November 2017
- 5th January 2018
- Warrenpoint Golf Club - County Down
About us: Warrenpoint Golf Club, established in 1893, is an 18 hole parkland golf course situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty surrounded by the Mourne Mountains on one side and the Carlingford Lough on the other.
With approximately 800 playing members, a proud history of individual and team success in competitive golf, we pride ourselves in the condition of our golf course.
An opportunity has arisen within our team as we seek a Head Greenkeeper to lead our green staff. The Club requires a highly motivated and experienced individual who can be the driving force behind maintaining and improving the condition of our golf course.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years experience at either Superintendent or assistant Superintendent level
- HND or equivalent in Greenkeeping is preferred; PA1, 2 and 6 Spraying certificates or an equivalent Fetac qualification
- Proven ability to be able to draft and track annual budgets
- An understanding of the scope of the role and how this applies to both the motivation of their team and communication with the golf club
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of Health and Safety, machinery and irrigation
- A highly motivated, passionate individual with a keen eye for detail, presentation and aesthetics and ability to work on their own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing
- Experience in managing, motivating and developing a small team and allocating workloads effectively
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks competently
- Comfortable with various IT platforms and programs
- A high degree of flexibility and willing to ‘go the extra mile’ if required
- Manage own personal development
- Salary will be based on the applicant’s experience and will be discussed when applicants are short listed
- Job Type: Full-time to commence in February 2018
How to apply:
- Interested applicants should send a covering letter and C.V. by email to email@example.com
- Closing date: 5th January 2018