- 8th September 2017
- 8th October 2017
- GML Sport AB - Sweden
GML Sport AB requires a professional and highly motivated Head Greenkeeper for one of our golf courses situated approximately 45 minutes south of Stockholm, Sweden.
The course is a busy private members club close to a picturesque coastal town with views out over the sea and the local archipelago.
GML Sport is looking to take the course to the next level and requires an ambitious and highly skilled individual to both lead the predominantly English speaking greenkeeper team and to further improve the course. The Head Greenkeeper reports directly to GML Sports District Manager but is required to liaise closely with the golf club on a day to day basis.
The position will suit a dedicated individual looking for international experience or a step up in their golf course management career.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualities:
- Ambition and determination to help the course reach its full potential
- Experience in renovation practices and determination to follow through an extensive renovation programme
- Experience and dedication in turf management with high standards of workmanship
- A formal qualification in Sportsturf Management (HNC or higher)
- Experience in management with clear leadership and communication skills
- Ability to operate and maintain computerised irrigation systems and golf course machinery (including spraying qualifications)
- Ability to spot opportunities and solve problems
- Ability to produce top level results within a given budget
- Be sympathetic to needs of the clubs members and guests
- Commitment to and knowledge of environmentally safe working practices
The position is full time, initially for 3 years with the opportunity of an extension.
We offer a competitive salary, 6 weeks holiday, non-contributory pension scheme, help with relocation/accommodation.
Interviews/recruitment is ongoing so applicants are encouraged to apply promptly.
Start date as soon as possible but by 1 January 2018 at the latest.
Please email an up to date CV and covering letter to:
email@example.com , or call +44 (0) 7799315255