- 10th January 2017
- 28th February 2017
- Richmond Park Golf Course - SE London
Head Greenkeeper, Richmond Park Golf Course
Location: SE London
Salary: £30k-£38k per annum dependant on qualifications and experience
Glendale Golf is recruiting a full-time Head Greenkeeper for its flagship venue Richmond Park Golf Course. Following a £3million investment programme, this is an exciting opportunity to take responsibility for the greenkeeping/mechanic team.
Reporting to the General Manager, this is an vital role as the Head Greenkeeper will oversee a team that is responsible for the maintenance and presentation of one of the UK’s busiest golf venues, which features two reconstructed 18-hole courses, driving range & academy course.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparation and maintenance of the 280 acre estate, including two 18-hole courses, academy course, driving range and general amenity areas.
- Managing and monitoring weekly, monthly and annual maintenance programmes.
- The annual course maintenance programme and operational budget.
- Working closely with the General Manager to optimise course aesthetics and ensure courses are set up correctly each week.
- Proving a monthly report of course condition, maintenance schedule and expenditure to the General Manager
- Raising orders and liaising with suppliers.
- Managing the machine/equipment/buggy fleet to ensure all equipment is correctly maintained and serviced. Ensure maintenance/service records are kept up to date.
- Presentation and organisation of workshops and storage areas.
- Conducting basic risk assessments and contingency plans and be able to respond to emergencies.
It would be advantageous for candidates to possess the following qualifications and experience:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Sports Turf Maintenance.
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 spraying certificates.
- CS30 and CS31 chainsaw certificates.
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of modern greenkeeping machinery.
- Knowledge of automated irrigation systems.
- Knowledge of all health and safety legislation relating to greenkeeping equipment and also chemical and waste handling.
- Personnel and budget management skills and the ability to maintain and keep all necessary records up to date and fully compliant with legislation.
This is a permanent position at 40 hours per week over five days to include a minimum of one weekend day. Benefits include free use of all golf courses in the Glendale Golf group.
Please apply by email with a covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 28th February 2017.