- 13th June 2017
- 1st August 2017
- Takaro Lodge - Te Anau, New Zealand
Job Title: Greenkeeper (Winter Season)
Length of employment: Winter Season (October through April)
Employer: Takaro Lodge (Te Anau, New Zealand)
Salary: Negotiable - according to experience. Room + board provided, if needed
This is a truly one-of-a-kind job offer. Takaro Lodge is a remote private estate located in the world-famous Fiordland region of New Zealand’s South Island. A purpose built high-performance training facility and par 3 course was built in 2014, which covers approximately four hectares.
We are looking for a qualified Greenkeeper eager for an opportunity to gain new experience that will help further their career advancement. The position is full-time and starts in October 2017 and finished in April 2018 (exact dates are negotiable).
- Mentorship and guidance from a world renowned agronomist
- Gain valuable experience in key ‘Head Greenkeeper’ responsibilities and duties, including: management of and communication with team members, identifying and solving problems, creating and fulfilling maintenance schedules, working independently and responsibly.
- Experience in organic greenkeeping methods and standards
- Onsite accommodation and full board available, if needed
- Support in all aspects of travel plans and logistics, as well as local logistical support for the duration of the contract.
- Competitive salary, negotiated according to experience
- Minimum 1 years’ Greenkeeping experience
- NVQ Level 2 Sports Turf Management Qualification (flexible requirement)
- PA1, 2 and 6 Spraying Certificates desirable
- Full valid Driving Licence recommended
- Strong work ethic with an attention to detail
- Flexible & positive
- Highly responsible & able to work independently
- A passion to learn and desire to gain new experience and knowledge
- Ability to thrive living and working in a remote location
To apply, please send your up to date CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 01 August 2017.