- 18th May 2017
- 16th June 2017
- Moor Park Golf Club - Hertfordshire
When you arrive at Moor Park Golf Club, you will find a stunning 17th Century Mansion building and a thriving Members’ Club with lots to enjoy. The Mansion is set amidst 300 acres of mature woodland in finest Hertfordshire parkland and features two championship style golf courses. Superbly designed by Harry Colt in 1923, the High and West courses combine a variety of challenging holes.
Purpose of Role:
To carry out routine golf course maintenance tasks as directed by the Course Manager in accordance with the Company’s Training and Health and Safety manuals.
Reports to:Course Manager
- Mowing - Greens, tees, approaches, rough, semi rough, fairways, tee banks,
- Bunker maintenance - weeding, edging, flymoing/strimming, raking, levelling, and redistribution of sand as required.
- Golf course maintenance - fertiliser application, topdressing, aeration, hole changing, rolling, tractor driving with implements, strimming, divoting tees, edging pathways, maintaining course furniture , basic tree maintenance, prepare ground to establish seed/turf, scarification, irrigating, turfing, seeding, ditch maintenance, course set up, identifying and controlling weeds, identifying and controlling pests, identifying and control of turf diseases and disorders.
- Machinery maintenance - prestart checks, wash down at end of day, prepare for storage, report any faults.
- Cleaning practices - cleaning of compound facilities including kitchen area as per rota.
- Adhere to compound lock up procedure
- At all times, to work within the Company’s health and Safety policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, colleagues and golfers
Any other duties as required to achieve the expected standard
Training and Development
- Identify and, with your line manager, action your training and development needs
- Maintain your knowledge of Company systems and processes.
- Promote good relationships with all other employees/teams within the Company.
- Establish and maintain excellent relations with members and clients of Moor Park Golf Club
- Support and promote a pleasant and trustworthy working environment.
- Offer guidance and support to temporary and casual staff members as required.
- Communicate fully any situation that may affect the ability of you or your team to fulfil your role
- Listen to and relay customer feedback.
- Maintain high standards in terms of personal appearance conduct and respect of Company property.
- Maintain excellent customer relationships at all times.
Qualifications and experience required for this role:
- Good communication & organisational skills
- Good personal appearance and time keeping
- Have a basic understanding of the game of golf and rules
- Be physically fit and able to undertake duties as required
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- The ideal candidate will have NVQ Level 2, PA1, PA2, PA6 spraying qualifications would be preferable although not essential
Please send your letter of application and current CV to: