Deputy Head Greenkeeper
- 13th July 2017
- 13th August 2017
- Lansdown Golf Club - Somerset
Following the departure of our Deputy Head Greenkeeper to a new career, we are now recruiting to fill this vacancy.
Lansdown is a private members golf club offering first class parkland facilities on the outskirts of the Georgian city of Bath. We are an established and respected club with a commitment to maintaining and developing the original Harry Colt features of its design. We are also looking forward to hosting the Gloucestershire Golf Union County Championships in May 2018.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Head Greenkeeper in the management, preparation and development of the course and surrounding areas. It will entail supervising. planning, maintaining and participating in the overall management of the golf course and the maintenance of the highest professional standards in safety, performance and quality of service.
Our ideal candidate will possess management experience and the following qualifications, experience and skills.
- Proven management experience including working within and managing a greenkeeping team.
- Qualified to Level 3 or higher in Sports Turf Management and Maintenance.
- Enthusiasm, passion and high motivation.
- Excellent communication skills and a commitment to team play.
- Knowledge of golf course construction and irrigation systems is desirable and would be an advantage.
- The ability to work in an efficient and effective manner and prioritise work schedules.
- Proven experience of the preparation and operation of greenkeeping machinery and equipment including basic fault finding and servicing requirements.
- Chainsaw and Spraying certification required (PA1, 2 and 6).
- Knowledge of IT systems sufficient to assist with the preparation and control of budgets.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a professional and modern approach to greenkeeping and a commitment to preparing and maintaining the course to the highest standards.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and in line with GCM BIGGA recommendations.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to:
Chairman, Lansdown Golf Club, BATH, BA1 9BT
or by e-mail to email@example.com