Deputy Course Manager
- 11th August 2017
- 31st August 2017
- Chipstead Golf Club - Surrey
Deputy Course Manager Vacancy
Chipstead Golf Club is a private members club situated in Surrey close to the M25/M23. This rapidly improving golf course, with a steadily growing membership, is returning many of its natural downland features to the 1906 Braid design, whilst creating an ecologically sound environment.
We are now recruiting to fill the vacant Deputy Course Manager position. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Course Manager in the day to day running of the golf course, whilst also being competent to manage the Greenstaff and course in the Course Managers absence. In this role, it will be essential to train new staff, whilst continuously improving the standard of work carried out to the course.
The ideal candidate will have a professional attitude, take immense pride in the work they do, be enthusiastic, ambitious, have a desire to improve their knowledge through CPD and possess the following skills and qualifications:
Ability to lead a team or project
- Excellent communication skills with both staff and members
- Qualified to level 2 is essential, qualified to level 3 or enrolled within the course is desirable
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 spraying certificates
- Experience with golf course construction and maintaining irrigation systems
- Experience in the set up and maintenance of golf course machinery
In return the successful candidate will be entitled to the following:
- BIGGA membership
- Travel, accommodation and education package for Continue to Learn/BTME Harrogate
- Time to attend section education and networking events
- Time to attend regional education events
- Golf club membership for duration of employment
- Desired training for various qualifications and licenses
Salary is negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Greenkeepers cover a 40-hour working week, with weekend work on a rota basis. There is NO accommodation available with this position.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter by email to: