1st Assistant Greenkeeper
- 26th January 2018
- 23rd February 2018
- Thorndon Park Golf Club - Essex
Established in 1920 Thorndon Park is a prestigious members club and is situated in Essex, 10 minutes from J29 on the M25. Thorndon is a classic Harry Colt design and provides excellent playing and working conditions.
Applicants will be working under direction from the Head Greenkeeper and Deputy Head Greenkeeper. You need to be able to demonstrate positive and assertive skills. You will play an important role within the team to ensure the high standards are met and to lead by example to demonstrate your high level of skill and workmanship. You will lead and motivate the team in the absence of the Head Greenkeeper and the Deputy.
The following qualification skills held by the candidate will be an advantage:
- Willing to work flexible hours (average of 46 hours per week, including alternate weekends)
- A sound knowledge in modern Greenkeeping machinery and its maintenance
- A good knowledge of health and safety requirements
- NVQ level 2, aspiring to do level 3.
- Up to date spraying and Chainsaw certificates.
- Knowledge of irrigation systems
- Good communication skills.
- Good turf management.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to work closely with the green keeping team and further their skills and training. We have a very motivated team that aspire to high standards and good team moral.
Salary negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
Closing date: 23.2.2018
If you wish to apply then send your cover letter to state your suitability and CV to:
Head Greenkeeper, Robert George.
Thorndon Park Golf Club,
Ingrave, Brentwood, Essex CM13 3RH